Falln's Haven

wordcount widgets falln_angel. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Rogue Woes

I bought the yarn for my version of Rogue shortly after Christmas, and by the end of January it looked like this.

Painted Rogue Hood Up

(And a day or two later, the hood was finished.)

A beautiful, hooded cabled vest. Then I cast on the sleeves, knitted about twelve rows, and proceeded to ignore it for two months. Not for any reason. I love the yarn. I love the pattern. The cables are a blast to work and I can't wait for the sweater to be finished so I can wear it. But I guess finishing has never been one of my strong points.

This week I decided that would change. I was going to finish those sleeves if it was the last thing I ever did. So I've used most of the spare time I've had this week to do just that. I worked through the sweater's last cable chart while keeping half an eye on House, and Jericho and CSI. I loved the cables so much that I've decided to do them all over again.

Yep. I starting the sleeves over. Somehow I managed to overlook two of the increases when reading the instructions for the increase rows, which means that my sleeves are now a full 18 sts too narrow. (And foolish me, I didn't count stitches until I was ready to start shaping the sleeve caps.)

Didn't I notice that the sleeves seemed a little snug?
Yes, I did. And carried on.

Didn't I wonder about the placement of those stitch markers?
Yes, I did. And assumed there was some reason that I'd never know.

Didn't I read the instructions a second time?
Yes, I did. And a third, and fourth, and probably more.

Apparently I was determined right from the start to get this pattern wrong somewhere. As far as mistakes go, I'll take re-knitting the sleeves to having to unravel the entire top. But this still sucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger